Using a pulse oximeter helps to identify whether you are getting enough oxygen or not. Just like other models of AccuMed, the CMS-50D Pulse Oximeter is one of the latest and best models that has been created.
The AccuMed CMS-50D Pulse Oximeter offers speed and ease of use at an affordable price. It reads accurate oxygen saturation and pulse rate. It is one of the highest used medical pulse oximeter with its excellent design and reliable functions.
Pulse oximeters have their accuracy improved for home use. Moreover, pulse oximeters can monitor conditions both serious and every day. The main features are mentioned below:
- It has an OLED display which makes it easier for the user to use the device in any environment.
- The device requires 2 AAA batteries that consumes less power and makes the device last for a longer time.
- It is a portable and light weight device weighing only 50 grams.
- It has a screen that shows SpO2, Pulse Rate that provides the number of heartbeats per minute, Pulse Intensity that is displayed as a bar graph, and Pulse Wave which shows the strength of your pulse in wave form.
- The package comes with a silicon cover, AAA batteries, Lanyard( neck band), instruction manual and a carrying case for convenience.
A pulse oximeter is a simple medical device which is used at homes. However, an individual should understand the functions and specifications before purchasing one. The technical specifications are mentioned below:
- It measures the level of oxygen in the blood and reads the pulse rate in just eight to ten seconds.
- It has a long battery life which lasts more than 30 hours of continuous operation.
- It has an auto-brightness adjustment feature that sets the screen brightness levels according to the environment either being bright or dark.
- The bright LED display has an auto-screen rotation function.
- The SpO2 measurement Accuracy is ±2% in stage of 70%-100% and a pulse rate measuring range is 30 bpm – 250 bpm.
- It has a function switch which immediately turns off the device. Furthermore, the device automatically powers off when not in use. This is detected within 5 seconds by the device itself.
|Rotatable display||Silicon carrying case is difficult to use|
|Accommodates small fingers||Display orientation cannot be selected|
|Device is lightweight|
How to use AccuMed CMS-50D Finger Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen SpO2 Sports and Aviation Monitor?
AccuMed CMS-50D Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen SpO2 Sports and Aviation Monitor Pulse Oximeter is used to detect vital readings but is not intended for medical use. Moreover, it is used in situations where you need to know your oxygen level like before and after your workout or sports such as running, hiking or cycling, or while travelling in an aircraft.
Using a pulse oximeter at home, taking readings will let you know if the oxygen concentration is above or below certain levels. The pulse oximetry process is as follows:
- Remove the back cover and install the two AAA batteries included in the box.
- Insert your finger by aligning it with the red light and wait for the oximeter to switch on.
- The probe should be put on the patient correctly to ensure the oximeter works correctly
- In some cases, a small probe is placed on your finger with a sticky adhesive. A person may be asked to remove your fingernail polish as it can cause complications in the accuracy of the reading.
- Do not shake the finger and keep the patient at ease during the process as it is not recommended for the patient to be moving.
- You’ll keep the probe on for as long as needed to monitor your pulse and oxygen saturation.
- As soon as the test is completed, the clip or probe will be removed.
- Once the test is over, the readings determine if other testing or treatment is necessary.
The AccuMed CMS-50D Pulse Oximeter is one of the best pulse oximeters. The Fingertip Pulse Oximeter fits all finger sizes from kids above four years old to adults. However, this model is not suitable for medical use as it is only designed for sports and aviation use. It is FDA registered as well.
The AccuMed CMS-50D Finger Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen SpO2 Sports and Aviation Monitor pulse oximeter is perfect for exercise enthusiasts, athletes, and those who need to monitor their blood oxygen circulation and heart rate.