Finger oximeter for home use allows individuals to monitor vital signs with an extra layer. This tool gives you a better and elaborate view of your health conditions and allows you to coordinate with your healthcare provider.
If you experience any sort of condition that has an affects on your blood oxygen levels __chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), sleep apnea, respiratory breathing issues e.g. asthma, lung cancer, or heart failure, among many other conditions — you are welcome to benefit from an at-home pulse oximeter.
The pulse oxygen meter accuracy has been improved in the recent decade. Moreover, pulse oximeters can monitor conditions on an everyday basis. The main features are as follow:
- It has an elegant design, small in size, lightweight, portable and is suitable for traveling
- One of the best pediatric pulse oximeter
- Gives you accurate measurements, even for patients with low perfusion or darker skin tones
- The device is durable. Protects against water spills & dropping; allows for thousands of uses in the most demanding environments
- The Nonin Onyx Vantage 9590 is the preferred pulse oximeter of medical professionals in various diversified fields, including first responders, primary care physicians, dentists & emergency rooms
- Onyx Vantage 9590 may be placed on the toe of a patient during non-motion conditions.
- The brand offers great customer service and a 4-year warranty
- Up to 6,000 spot checks or 36 hrs of continual operation on two AAA batteries
- It is used in monitoring and displaying functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (%SpO2) and pulse/heart rate of those patients who are well or poorly perfused
- It is waterproof to some extent. You can monitor your health condition even in the presence of moisture
- The screen display is of high resolution and dynamic
- The device may sometimes interpret motion as good pulse quality. In order to prevent this, the motion of the patient should be minimized
|An ideal choice for sports enthusiasts and medical professionalists||No audible alarams & bluetooth connections|
|Waterproof to some extent||The device may not work when circulation is reduced|
|Adult and Pediatric Pulse Oximeter||Operation of this pulse oximeter below the minimum amplitude of 0.3% modulation can cause inaccurate results|
|Easy to use, reliable and accurate||Doesn’t come with an app|
How to use Nonin 12-1921 Onyx 9590 Pulse Fingertip Model Oximeter
- This device can be attached to those fingers/toes that are0.3 – 1.0 inch (0.8 – 2.5 cm) thick
- Minimize your motion while using it
- You will get your pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation level on the display screen
- Clean the device before using
- After using it, switch it off.
- The device should be switched off while charging
Yes, there are some limitations when it comes to using this device but overall it was good experiencing with this pulse oximeter. It’s easy to use and gives us a quick and accurate blood oxygen percentage and pulse readings to patients with medical conditions such as sleep apnea and COPD.