The Beurer PO 30 pulse oximeter is an affordable, reliable and accurate way to identify your pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation level. The device is specifically designed for sports enthusiasts, aviators, bikers, mountain climbers and anyone else who wants to measure and monitor their SpO2 at their own convenience.
The Beurer Pulse Oximeter was designed with sports enthusiasts in mind – which is why the device is lightweight and extremely portable. The PO 30 includes batteries, a strap and belt pouch.
The PO 30 features a self-adjusting finger clamp as well as a simple one-button operation design allowing easy and convenient use. The device is for use at home and on the move as well. The following are its main features:
- The device has a colour OLED display with 4 available views.
- The device shows graphic pulse display.
- It has a low battery indicator.
- The device uses 2 AAA batteries which allows less consumption of power.
- It comes with a warranty of 5 years.
The device is sensitive and accurate as it measures the level of oxygen in the blood and reads the pulse rate. Following are its technical specifications:
- The device measures arterial oxygen saturation (SpO2) and heart rate (pulse) accurately.
- It has a pulse curve display – displays pulse frequency.
- It has an adjustable display brightness.
- The readings are displayed with number view as well as graphs.
- The device has an automatic switch-off feature.
How to use Beurer PO 30 Pulse Oximeter?
Pulse oximetry is a fast, noninvasive, and painless test. In some cases, doctors recommend having a pulse oximeter at home.
Using a pulse oximeter at home, taking readings will let you know if the oxygen concentration is above or below certain levels. The pulse oximetry process is as follows:
- A clip-like device or probe is placed on your finger. A small pressure is felt by the individual without any pain or pinching.
- The probe should be put on the patient correctly to ensure the oximeter works correctly
- In some cases, a small probe is placed on your finger with a sticky adhesive. A person may be asked to remove your fingernail polish as it can cause complications in the accuracy of the reading.
- You’ll keep the probe on for as long as needed to monitor your pulse and oxygen saturation.
- As soon as the test is completed, the clip or probe will be removed.
- Once the test is over, the readings determine if other testing or treatment is necessary.
The Beurer PO 30 Pulse Oximeter is compact and portable. A user can take it with them throughout their day. Every package comes with a user manual which makes it even easier to use. The device is not intended for medical use. For sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate, this model is one of the best.